Marriage at 21??
Weather: WarmIt's every woman's dream to put on the white gown, holding a bunch of flowers, walking down the aisle with her arms wrapping around her Mr Right. But this statement doesn't seem apt in describing recent trends of unique marriage ceremonies, such as an underwater world ceremony? Haa.. but anyway this is not my pt.
Who said Singaporeans marry late?
Who said marriage is a graveyard??
Who said early marriages will end up in divorces???
...........................
After hearing a friend's cousin, who is at the same age as me, is getting married soon, I'm quite surprised in their decision. The first thing that came to my mind -- shotgun?? Haa.. but nope. Some may not have the choice to marry early. But for some, it is a form of security to them, esp women. However, it makes me wonder what form of security is there in marriage?? Esp at such prime age (21) ?? Is there insurance for love? For marriage?? No doubt. There is none for all these. It's the word "trust & commitment" that keeps it going & working.
Marriage at 21?? That has been my wish some years back when the reality of life has not set in. My wish of being a virtuous housewife ( dun laugh at me pls >.<) has gradually changed as I cant imagine myself being the typical housewife that most drama series depict. Soon I'll be cut off from the society n live like a frog in the well. Haa..
I'm still not fullly prepared to take this route yet as there is still lots more things that I need to learn to become an independent woman, a knowlegable student, a filial daughter, a virtuous wife
and a caring mother... =D
Monday, January 22, 2007 at 2:20 PM
Y Y Y