My Sat Night~
Cooling Night
Should add more daily stuffs in my blog content ---> feedback from mutton
So here I am writing about my sat night outing. I really enjoy it very much, it's a stress-reliever from the piles of sch wrk, an escape from the backbreaking office work. Haa..
As usual was late again, Eclipse's repeated reminders of being punctual fell on deaf ears. ( But pls dun blame me cos I got valid reason for being late.)
We had a really heavy lunch, was startled when the dishes keep swarming onto our table till it filled up almost every inch of our table.Haa..we had also chatted for quite a long while, as our glasses of cold water had been refilled countless of times.
After an excruciating brainstorm for what we are going to do after our lunch, we actually doesnt left with much choices. Kbox seems to be more appealing than the others. Though singing is not my forte but I have enjoyed it much better than before. Haa.. The Kbox in Marina Square seems to have much more bigger rooms than the other outlets, more space allowance, more facilities like pool table included in some rooms. ( Hmm.. shd i hold my bday party there?? haa..)
Later the night, we strolled from Marina Square to the Merlion. It is my third visit to the Merlion. The Merlion is still spouting water as before, the water still looked as ominous as before as if a creature is lurking underwater. But I still like the cold sea breeze and the beautifully night scene...I think everyones would agree that it is a great place for romance...
Speaking of the Merlion, my lecturer from my geography module that I'm currently taking this sem, asked us to think of a national symbol. The first thing that came to my mind is The Merlion. It had left a deep impression in my mind esp after reading the poem of The Merlion, esp the 2 sentences lighted in bold. It ryhmes pretty well.
Frozen in time yet spouting
the water of life -
a nation's dreams made you a myth
a nation's fears turned you to stone
I wish to believe in you
I wish my daughters' daughters
a century from hence would listen to tales of the lionfish
that no one has ever seen
And in time, you will
Emerge from your depths -
A vision to behold
Roaring into the future
Ferocious, strong, slipping
into a collective's unconsciousness .... By Grace Chia
Many voted for the Merlion, but there is also some interesting votes that go to Lee K.Y, HDB flats, esplanade...So What is ur national symbol?
Wednesday, January 31, 2007 at 10:56 PM
Y Y Y