CNY 2007
Sorry guys for not updating for a long time!! Though i had written 2 drafts but i didnt post it becos either it was written too long ago or not worth posting it.
However, this year CNY is definitely worth penning it down. Though nothing fanfastic had happened, this is the best CNY that I ever had.
Eve of CNY: As busy as a bee in the morning... Need to fetch my bro & cousin back from his chalet and collect 2 cakes from 2 diff places..but in the end, my sis ran the errands all by herself.Haa.. tt's becos we had a quarrel again. I asked her to accompany me as I'm not vv familiar with the places but she was sleeping like a pig. Left with not much choices, I "threatened" to drive alone and get myself lost if she still doesnt want to wake up. So off I stormed out of the house and to the carpark. Unwillingly, She pulled herself out of her bed. I offered to go with her but she rejected it angrily. Obviously still angry with me for disturbing her sleep. But if I'm more familiar with the road directions, I definitely wont need her help. Her anger subsided as quickly as it come. But I also didnt laze around at home. As usual had to help my mum to do final spring-cleaning while she was busy preparing reunion dinner at my grandma's place. So my morning was busy cleaning the furnitures and mopping the floor...
After a busy morning, I had to go to temple to pray for my grandparents then accompanied my aunt to tampines mall to do last min's shopping. Bought baby clothes for my new-born cousin who till now we haven see him before except in photos. This is the first time that I have the time to shop during my new yr eve. Usually, I had to spend the day doing the final spring-cleaning. Unexpectedly, there were still many shops open when we reached there. Many shops were on sale too. Haa.. was very tempted to buy alot of stuffs like clothes, shoes & accessories, but mostly was helping my mum to watch out for her clothes cos she still haven bought one. In the end, my sis n I bought a nice necklace & earrings for ourselves. =P
We reached my grandma's place at late evening. The first thing that caught our attention when we entered the house was the shimmering golden & red CNY decorations, even the furnitures had been moved to a new place. These were the artpieces of my 2 uncles, who put in alot of effort in these decorations. They even gave the living room a new coat and added a new spotlight to luminate these deocrations. Though our reunion dinner was always the same-- same dishes and same people, there was a change. My grandma had grown to become more happy, my uncles had grown older, and even my little cousin who always like to sticked around with my sis and me had grown into a beautiful, mature young lady and I had grown older =(
Night, when we came back from my grandma's place, I accompanied my sis to my aunt's place to help my aunt to dye hair. Unexpectedly, we were greeted by my cousins ( cousins that were once childhood playmates but had drifted apart) We had a great time playing poker cards. ( haha.. tt's the only game tt can bind us closer) It had been such a long time since we met them again.. I really miss the good old days....
1st Day of CNY: I woke up exceptionally early at abt 9 a.m. ( Was trained to wake up early due to my timetable for this semester.) Usually, I will only wake up when my first visitors came and they normally come very early in the morning like ard 10 a.m... Haa.. That is my third uncle & family ( my father's younger brother). They are always the early birds, who once came knocking our door when all of us are still slping! But till 11 plus , there were no sights of them. I had even changed into my new clothes and done with the make-ups. They were seldom so late... What would hold them up? It turned out that they went to visit my grandaunt' place first before coming to our place. They heeded my mum's feedback after she "complained" to them not to come so early. Their lateness had unexpectedly brought 2 unexpected guests- My second and youngest uncles, who came an hour later... We were surprised to see them cos it is their second visit to our house after many years since the first one during CNY. It's also rare to see all my uncles gathered in my house(except my 3rd uncle who received a call from his friends to attend some urgent matters) I managed to capture such rare moments in my camera ( will upload it soon!!) Next we celebrated my cousin, Brandon's 12 yrs old bday in my house ( cos all my cousins & his bday cake were in my hse) Took endless of photos again........
2nd Day of CNY: Went to my grandaunt's place in the afternoon... I just realised that it was very near to buona vista mrt station---> near to NUS!! Being there once a year, I only remember that it is a combination of 2 flats facing back to back to each other, a vv fierce dog and nice bee hoon!!! Walking in a door that connects these 2 flats, we came from an old flat to a new, tidier and modern one. We chatted alot of with one of my aunts who switched from a primary sch principal to currently taking up councilling courses in NIE. Her " Hongbao" is her advice on the impt of self-positive talks, her childhood experience during CNY etc.. It was a vv meaningful chat. Wanted to have a photo with them but was shy to ask them. But Great minds think alike!! =P My aunt initiated to have a photo with us, saying that should have one to keep as memory and even requested us to note down our parents'names, so that they will know whose children r they and not mistaken us as their students.
Late afternoon, I went to visit yc's mum before setting off to my aunt's place. This is the second time that I met her. But this time, we had a longer talk. She is a petite woman who is easy-going , friendly and funny too. =D
Late evening, my aunt's place is crowded with many relatives, and of course 3 new members too! We all brought our bfs along ( my sis's & my cousin's). Had a great evening playing poker cards n murderer & detective. Though all of us are busy with our own things, we still manage to gather together once or twice a year. This is the best CNY that I ever had and I had learnt to appreciate my family more and cherish these relationships with one another. I hope to treasure this bond...
3rd Day of CNY: Had an expensive but tasteless dinner with my maternal's side. It has been such long time since we had dinner outside together. But the food was disappointing. The waitress cheated us by ordering our food double, similar dish each for 2 tables (cos too many ppl , so have to split.) when we didnt ask them to do so. After we realised the mistake, we tried to cancel the order as it is too much for us but cannot cos the waitress said it's too late, the kitchen had already prepared the food, furthermore the kitchen is in a mess due to the large nos of orders. I only had 1 comment-- Poor Service!! The waitress should have repeated the orders clearly to us again and shouldnt make her own decisions!! It started to drizzle ( we were sitting in an open- spaced), luckily we were abt to finish our meal. Though we tried our best to finish as many as possible, there was still many leftover food, so we took them home.
I had learnt the impt of family relationships through this CNY, it is no longer abt "making $$", collecting hongbaos but more abt understanding what all of us have been doing and supporting one another.
Thursday, February 22, 2007 at 12:39 AM
Y Y Y