my holiday~
After several days of slacking at home or rather burying myself in Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows ( the LAST one!! the FINAL one!! the FINALE!! the GRAND FINALE!!). Pardon me for not being able to contain my excitment. Yes! The book that many (or perhaps not many) desired, waited patiently or impatiently, had surfaced finally. Though, I have longed for it like many others. I dreaded it too...Dreaded the day had come when there would be no more waiting, no more HARRY POTTER. All that is left are the remaining 2 movies. Hopes that they will be as interesting as the books. ( keeping my fingers crossed >.<) As the truth unfolds by itself in the last book, the picture getting clearer. Though, I feel that it was a bit draggy in the the front. I guessed it was quite necessary. Standing from the author's pt of view, it was necessary that the author wants the readers to probe with harry, to discover the truth ourselves... There were still some parts that I'm not quite sure how it works, like the power of Lily's enchantments. There were so much things that happened in the last book that I find abit too much to digest too. It seems like every truths was fighting their ways to be revealed, struggling to be understood in the last few chapters ... and some left underdeveloped like harry & ginny ( we are more like forced to accept this pair) ? Nonetheless, I was gladly touched as I read on, as I'm brought closer to the truths, to the end.. It was no doubt a fairy-tale ending. =D Nevertheless, I would re-read the last few books or perhaps the whole Harry Potter series in order to gain a better insight, a new understanding to parts or details that I had overlooked. Call me stupid or crazy.. I would still immerse myself in this fairy-tale. =P ......................................................................................... I could finally pick up my mood to finish my last entry. Though, I hope to replace photos for words... Overall, my holiday job this summer could only be described with 1 word --- Enjoyable. Despite being trapped in an extremely inconvenient place, with no public transports ( only private shuttle buses but mind u , it is worse than SBS!! appears only once every 15 mins during PEAK hours! and had to fight elbows against elbows to board the buses -.-!) There is only 1 place that we can go during lunch. A nearby canteen. Fortunately or unfortunately enough, a newly opened cafe saved our lives, saved our torture of eating the same food in the canteens but it didnt help much. The food in the cafe was no better than that in the canteen, though it provides air-con to our comfort under the scorching noon sun. We would only vist the cafe once in a while for special occasions such as someone is leaving, someone's bday or simply becos we r too tired of the canteen's food.And once in a blue moon, our ex-colleagues would come back to visit us n bring us all out for lunch in changi village, if their cars permit to contain so many of us. Many times, I grumbled to my parents for not letting me to drive to work when I do not have to pay a single thing ( X carpark fees, X ERP, perhaps just petrol charges which is enough to burn a hole in my pocket >.< ) But the waits n crowded buses would always drive up the rage within me.Still remembering the first few days when I started working, I let a few buses passing before my eyes helplessly n waited for 45 mins before I could board the bus. The fiery within me grew even fiercer. Haa... this makes me sounds like a scary person.
One good thing from the company will be the ppl working there! All of them r beyond description.. haa.. wonderful. friendly. helpful. patient. tolerant. lenient.
Wonderful when they gave me presents on my last day! =P
Friendly n approachable when they will not bully juniors.
Helpful n patient when teaching the new ones n nvr failed to ans all my enquires!
Tolerant when they allow employees to chit-chat loudly, to increase the volume of music.
Lenient or cant be bothered when I'm always late from 10 mins to half an hr =P
=D
Monday, August 6, 2007 at 9:44 PM
Y Y Y