I did 2 different surveys in sch today.
The first one is in engineering fac. This study is researching on what kinds of genes affected sensitiveness of skin by having 2 groups of participants : people who have asthma or sensitive to rhintis (nt sure whether is it spelt this way) and people who have none of these. Accompanied by my other 2 friends, we read n signed the consent forms, acknowledging that we understand what this experiment was about and would be responsible for our own actions.
The experiment went in the following ways:
1) They applied saline solution and drew 6 marks on our left forearms to indicate the spots that needed to be applied on.
2) They applied 6 different tiny drop of fluid on the spots.
3) They used a tiny needle and poke it on the spots and were left for 15 mins for it to react.
4) We were asked to gargle a solution of salt water and massaged our cheeks against our teeth so that cells could be extracted for some DNA testing.
5) The spots grew into like mosquitoes bites, quite itchy too. I had 3 out of 6 spots that reacted positively to it. Later one of the researchers came to explain what each spots meant. Now I knew why I quite easily sensitive to dust or dirty things.