I dont want to dwell into the part on sisters' squabbling after our manicure & pedicure sessions.
So cut short into the most astonishing part.
I was alone in my carpark late at night at abt 1 am after being dumped by my sis, who walked out of the car angrily.
Worried abt my cousin's safety where we left her at the neighbourhood (It's a long story), I called to check how was she going back late at this hour.
Halfway through the conversation, I heard footsteps behind me. Out of reflex, I turned around to catch sight of 3 ppl walking. Still engrossed in my conversation, I set my sights straight. Unknowingly, I must have looked as if I was staring at these ppl till one of them ( a guy) shouted at me:" See, what see?!" His glare fierce and furious, sparkling bright against the backdrop of the dim moonlight.
Earlier fury re-ignited and raged fiercely again within me till it reached its boiling pt. Unable to contain this outrageous accusation, I snarled at the top of my lungs, with a hint of challenge, :" I'm not looking at u!!" As soon as I let those words out, I froze. Stunned that I would actually quarrel with a stranger. The voice from the other side of the phone was still buzzing noisely in my frozen hand.
Out of the corner of my eye, I caught sight of his friend (a gal) walking towards my direction. The rest approached too.
Does she want a fight? Should I be prepared for any form of attack? Images of gang fights and those defence tactics crossed my mind. My rage had not subsided yet but there is another emotion - fear. I knew I will definitely serve them a punch or so if they dare to make me lose a single strand of hair. Trying to search for any defence tactics from those movies that I watched, I knew it was all too late. The gal was only a foot away from me, while her other accomplices were just few feets away. There are only 2 options left - prepared to defend or to run away. My legs were too heavy that they stood rooted to the ground.
My heart was pumping faster and faster till I heard " Sorry". Sorry?? Did I hear wrongly? I thought to myself. She quickly explained that her friend was in a bad mood as he had just quarreled with his gf. I had no idea what kind of expression did I put on. A mixture of apologetic and relief. I quickly apologised,"I'm sorry. Not in a good mood too!".
An air of hostility still hung in the air. As she walked quickly to her mates, the guy was still looking murderously at me. Turning to another corner of the carpark till they are out of my sight, I quickly put my phone back to my ear and explained whatever that had happened in the last nerve racking 5 mins.
When I felt assured that my cousin's bf had come to pick her up, I packed up, carrying my laptop, my dinner, those bua gua etc till my hands were full. My sights caught familiar figures. They were at the void deck now. This time not 3, but 4 ppl. They were talking, as if discussing something. A sudden fear gripped me. What if they wanted revenge? By scratching my car or breaking my windscreen? I could not possibly stay here all night to guard against them! What if they were not as bad as I thought?
While I was still struggling mentally whether to stay, they walked out of the void deck towards my direction again. I tried to avoid any eye contact and headed to my block in a pace as normal as I could. The guy who had earlier shouted at me, who was in a bad mood after quarreling with his gf, stopped my track.
His glare was no longer there and was replaced by a pair of peaceful and apologetic eyes. " I'm sorry about just now. Just had a quarrel with my gf. Very sorry." Smile immediately broke across my face as I quickly apologised too and explained that I understood too as I was also not in a good mood. We parted with words of apology again.
Smiling to myself, I was still feeling silly of my earlier thoughts. I have not known that I am actually not such a peace-lover person! But I'm glad that this is after all a misunderstanding and glad that I have cleared this up not by bottling it up. It will only seem worse that I have not known how to speak for myself.
A HaPPy LuNar NeW YeAr to All!!!
=)